Rail service market updates | Jan - Feb 2021
The rail services between China and Europe are still under influence by pandemic restrictions. However, it is considered as a more stable option compared to sea freight, which is now in a critical situation.
- China Railway is still publishing the departure schedules just one week prior to each departure, which leads to a more critical space situation and rate fluctuations.
- The overall Container availability in east china is slowly improving in comparison to the end of December.
- The Congestion on Alashankou is nearly solved as the Border Teams are working 24/7.
- As per instructions from the National Health Commission of the PRC all trains that are crossing the border between Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia into China need to be disinfected accordingly to the anti-covid rules.
- This will have an impact on the overall clearance and transit time of each eastbound train of at least 1-3 days.
- Major platforms plan additional departures prior to Chinese New Year to move out the cargo which was not moved in January due to the general sea freight situation.
- For that reason, the overall departure amount will increase, however the rate level will remain high.
DACHSER Block Train China – Europe
The first westbound block train from China to Europe organized by DACHSER reached Ludwigshafen, Germany in late December. Read the news.