LCL smart routing: DACHSER launches new direct consolidation service from China cities to Karlsruhe in Germany
DACHSER expands Sea Freight LCL network portfolio, offering new weekly direct consolidation services from Shanghai, Ningbo and Shenzhen to Karlsruhe in Germany.
SMART ROUTING is an ongoing analytical review of the cargo flows along the supply chain, focusing on a service portfolio that is more resilient to equipment shortages and delays. Predominantly, there are two key aspects:
- A detailed definition of the catchment areas at both ends allows a decrease in container demand.
- The expansion of the portfolio of destinations in inland Europe prevents delays in handling and unloading containers in port areas.
As part of the ongoing analytical review of the cargo flows, DACHSER identified the potential of expanding the Sea Freight LCL network portfolio with new weekly direct services to Karlsruhe, Germany.
This new service is extraordinarily fast and particularly reliable by avoiding the apparently long-lasting bottlenecks in the major European ports like Rotterdam or Hamburg.
On the fiercely competitive Far East Westbound trade, DACHSER has added complementary LCL services to their existing “DACHSER Consol” portfolio, offering the first departure in August 2022 and using their own Container Freight Stations and European Logistics terminals, strategically located in close proximity to the market places in Southwest Germany.
The ability to offer in-house groupage and European overland transport is a key success factor of DACHSER and enables it to respond even better to the needs of its customers. Especially in these challenging times, it is all about solving today's challenges with resilient logistics services.
In summary, the advantages are as follows:
- Faster transit times through direct container transport to the Karlsruhe area
- Lower risk of damage due to direct container service to Karlsruhe
- Customs warehouse at the DACHSER CFS – bonded storage until customs clearance is possible
- Faster Delivery due to usage of DACHSER CFS and DACHSER European Logistics network
If you would like to discuss your transport needs, please get in touch with your local DACHSER representative.